Sunday, February 6, 2011

Orange Pineapple Cake (Wendy)


This cake comes from my friend Wendy. I looked for a low-fat version and this is what I came up with. Delicious! If you are not worried about fat, you can substitute 1/2 cup oil for the applesauce and use 4 whole eggs.

Ingredients:
1 (18 1/4 oz) package yellow cake mix
4 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 (11oz) can mandarin oranges in juice
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
1 (12 oz) container cool whip

1. mix cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oranges
2. beat on high @ 6 minutes
3. put in 9X13 inch pan, very well greased and floured
4. bake 25-30 minutes at 325 degrees, or until cake is done
5. let cool completely
6. hand mix pineapple with cool whip and frost cake
7. refrigerate leftovers.

This recipe serves 18, has 237 calories per serving and 8.2 grams of fat (compared to about 20 grams fat when using oil and whole eggs). Yummy Goodness for all!

2 comments:

  1. Originally, I'd drained the mandarin oranges & pineapple. I'm going to have to try it your way. :) W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Thanks for my beaUtiFuL apron, Susan!!!

    ReplyDelete